Depicting the brewing history in the town of České Budějovice in a remarkable way, the multimedia exposition called “The Tale of Beer from Budějovice” is a part of the Budweiser Budvar’s Visitor Centre.
The tale of Budweiser Budvar beer’s success secrets is told by old technical relics along with latest modern equipment, which also provides an extraordinary journey to the Earth’s heart. The tour starts with a large-screen projection of the brewing process inside a copper brewing vat, continuing with a virtual trip in a crate of a mining lift to the depth of 300 metres, where the source of unique water used in the brewing of Budweiser Budvar beer is located.
The subsequent historical hall carries the visitors back to 1265, when the town of České Budějovice (or Budweis in German language) was founded and when the brewing tradition in this town originated. The next stop is at the Gothic-Renaissance style cabin, where the exposition of medieval brewing can be seen. The effects of technical equipment on the brewing industry’s development are reflected by the industrial age hall, where visitors become acquainted with the founding of the Czech Joint-Stock Brewery – the direct predecessor of today’s Budweiser Budvar. The 20th century hall highlights the key moments in Budweiser Budvar’s history. The exposition is concluded by a demonstration of Budweiser Budvar beer’s successes around the world along with a humorous film about the origin and uniqueness of Budweiser Budvar beer.
Opening Hours (Season)
March 1st – December 31st
9 am - 5 pm
Opening Hours (Off Season)
January 1st – February 28th
9 am – 17 pm
The exposition lasts approximately 50 minutes.
Free entry for children from 3 to 6 years (accompanied by an adult person).
The multimedia exposition is free of charge with the purchase of the Brewery Tour.
children up to 18 yrs,
students with ISIC pass,
in the group gets free entry
- Orders and reservations at least 2 days in advance
- The maximum amount of viewers is 24
- Visitors who are younger than 18 years must be accompanied by parents or a responsible person (teacher, legal guardian). Children younger than 3 years are not recommended to enter the brewery.
Conditions of Cancellation
In case of cancelling an ordered tour you will be charged the following cancellation fees derived from the total price of the order:
free of charge
- The exposition commentary is available in Czech, German, English, French and Russian (to combine languages or to change a language during the tour is not possible)
- We accept cash, invoice or credit card payment (Visa, Euro-Master card, JCB, Diners Club, American Express). In case of bank transfer – invoicing the order must include the company identification number, VAT number, addresses and bank connection.